E&S Insurance for High Value Coastal Homes
Coastal Homes Overview
PURE Programs provides Excess & Surplus (E&S) high value home insurance for families with homes exposed to coastal storms and hurricanes. We offer solutions for homes on the coast, on barrier islands, older homes with incomplete mitigation, and homes with inadequate flood elevation. Homes with a rebuilding cost over $1 Million, that do not qualify for coverage with an admitted insurer, are eligible.
We offer best-in-class claims, proactive risk management and emergency preparedness resources, along with insurance coverage that is broader than typically found in the Excess & Surplus market. Our granular pricing rewards customers who have favorable risk characteristics or have taken steps to reduce the risk of loss to their home.
Excess & Surplus products are typically for unique risks that standard “admitted” insurers will not write. Admitted insurers are licensed and regulated by the states they operate in. E&S products are provided by non-admitted insurance companies that aren’t subject to most of the rate and form regulations that govern admitted insurers. PURE Programs policies are underwritten by independent insurers who are rated A- "Excellent" or better for financial strength by A.M. Best.
PURE Programs Benefits
Best in Class Claims Service
Experienced in-house adjusters handle claims fast, efficiently and empathetically
On-site risk management consultation to assess vulnerability to risk and provide actionable steps to improve resiliency
Customers are automatically enrolled into a quarterly installment plan at no charge
Immediate Policy Delivery
Policy documents are available electronically once the policy is bound
Highlights of PURE Programs coverage include:
- Extended Replacement Cost Option
- We know that estimating the cost to rebuild a home isn’t an exact science. Unless modified by endorsement, our base policy includes Extended Replacement Cost coverage, which provides that we will pay the actual cost to rebuild the home up to the selected percentage above the insured limit.
- Special Storm Deductible
- In Florida, the deductible for storms is applied only for Hurricanes, and is only applied once per calendar year. In other coastal states, the special wind deductible is only applied in the event a loss is due to a Hurricane or Named Storm. In Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, the special wind deductible is only applied once per year.
- Large Loss Deductible Waiver
- We recognize that large losses can be extremely disruptive. If a customer suffers a qualifying major property loss, we will waive the All Other Peril deductible.
- Loss Prevention Benefit
- Nobody wants to suffer a property loss, let alone the same type of loss twice. We will contribute up to $2,500 to help customers reduce the likelihood that a similar loss will occur again.
Currently available for homes in:
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas.
In the event of an active storm, we keep customers informed about the storm’s movements and offer advice and assistance to prepare the home for the coming storm.
Contracts are in place to bring needed resources such as adjusters, emergency equipment, and supplies to affected areas quickly so that the recovery process begins as soon as possible.
Learn more about preparing your home for hurricane season.