Wildfire Exposed Homes Overview
PURE Programs provides Excess & Surplus (E&S) high value home insurance for families with a wildfire-exposed home in California. Homes with a rebuilding cost over $1 Million, that do not qualify for coverage with an admitted insurer, are eligible.
We offer best-in-class claims, proactive risk management and wildfire crisis response services, along with insurance coverage that is broader than typically found in the Excess & Surplus market. Our granular pricing rewards customers who have favorable risk characteristics or have taken steps to reduce the risk of loss to their home.
PURE Programs Benefits
Best in Class Claims Service
Experienced in-house adjusters handle claims fast, efficiently and empathetically
On-site risk management consultation to assess vulnerability to risk and provide actionable steps to improve resiliency
Customers are automatically enrolled into a quarterly installment plan at no charge
Immediate Policy Delivery
Policy documents are available electronically once the policy is bound
Wildfire Mitigation Program
Our Wildfire Mitigation Program includes pre-fire and emergency response services intended to reduce – or even prevent – a loss from wildfire.
We will inspect a new customer’s property for vulnerabilities, provide expert risk management advice on how to safeguard the home, and a PURE Member Advocate® can help support customers to address any issues.
In the event of an active wildfire, we keep customers informed about the fire’s movements. If an active wildfire’s projected path threatens a customer’s home, emergency trucks and crews may be dispatched to help protect the home.
Highlights of PURE Programs coverage include:
- Extended Replacement Cost Option
- We know that estimating the cost to rebuild a home isn’t an exact science. For homes eligible for PURE Programs’ Extended Replacement Cost coverage, this option will pay the actual cost to rebuild the home up to the selected percentage above the insured limit.
- Large Loss Deductible Waiver
- We recognize that large losses can be extremely disruptive. If a customer suffers a qualifying major property loss, we will waive the All Other Peril deductible.
- Loss Prevention Benefit
- Nobody wants to suffer a property loss, let alone the same type of loss twice. We will contribute up to $2,500 to help customers reduce the likelihood that a similar loss will occur again.
Currently available for homes in:
The last few years of wildfires have highlighted just how many homes in California are at risk of loss from wildfire. The good news is that homeowners can take steps to reduce the chance of their home catching fire.
Learn more about protecting your home and property from Wildfires.