High-Profile Personal Excess Liability Overview
PURE Programs provides Excess & Surplus (E&S) personal excess liability insurance for high-profile individuals. Coverage is offered for professional athletes, including first contract athletes and rookies; entertainers, including A-list actors and actresses, comedians and TV and radio hosts; musicians; and high level political figures.
Personal Excess Liability – Up to $10 Million in Personal Excess Liability coverage and up to $5 Million in Excess Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage is offered. Optional coverages designed for High Net Worth individuals and families are available. $500,000 underlying limit is required, with the option to buy down to $300,000 underlying limit.
Excess of Excess – Up to $10 Million in Personal Excess Liability coverage is offered with a required $1 Million underlying limit.
We provide best-in-class claims service, and our granular pricing approach considers customers’ individual risk factors, such as driving experience and number of drivers in the household.
Excess & Surplus products are typically for unique risks that standard “admitted” insurers will not write. Admitted insurers are licensed and regulated by the states they operate in. E&S products are provided by non-admitted insurance companies that aren’t subject to most of the rate and form regulations that govern admitted insurers. PURE Programs policies are underwritten by independent insurers who are rated A- "Excellent" or better for financial strength by A.M. Best.
PURE Programs Benefits
Best in Class Claims Service
Experienced in-house adjusters handle claims fast, efficiently and empathetically
Customers are automatically enrolled into a quarterly installment plan at no charge
Immediate Policy Delivery
Policy documents are available electronically once the policy is bound
Highlights of core policy coverages include:
- Worldwide Protection
- Customers are covered at home, on the road or abroad, including while renting a vehicle.
- Defense Outside of Limits
- Legal defense costs for claims of bodily injury, personal injury and property damage are covered – even if the suit is groundless, false or fraudulent – and do not reduce the amount available to pay damages. This includes claims of bodily injury, defamation, libel, slander, wrongful entry or eviction and emotional distress.
- Choice of Counsel
- Customers can choose representation from a panel of trusted attorneys and defense counsel.
- Expanded Defense
- We offer up to $10,000 to reimburse any fees incurred by personal attorneys and defense counsel should a customer choose to employ them to shadow a case.
Optional coverages include:
- Excess Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Coverage
- Option to buy from $1 Million to $5 Million in coverage to respond in excess of primary UI/UM coverage in the event of an automobile accident with an at-fault driver who is not adequately insured.
- Uninsured Liability Coverage
- Option to buy up to $1 Million in coverage for protection against non-automobile related incidents involving uninsured or underinsured individuals.
- Employment Practice Liability (EPLI) Coverage
- For customers who employ private staff, option to buy up to $1 Million in coverage to respond in cases of allegations of wrongful employment acts, such as wrongful termination and discrimination. Includes up to $25,000 for the services of a crisis management firm.
- Not-for-Profit Directors & Officers (D&O) Liability Coverage
- For customers who serve as not-for-profit board members, option to buy up to $5 Million in coverage in case they are held liable for the actions or inactions of the organizations they serve.
Currently available for individuals and families with homes in:
California, Connecticut, Florida, Massachusetts, New York and Texas
High Profile Excess Liability
A well-known fashion designer in California needed an excess liability solution to cover his primary home and a rental property. Due to the individual’s high profile, admitted carriers declined to write coverage. PURE Programs was able to craft a solution for these locations with $10 Million in coverage.